Sectional Coaches are an essential part of our program. We are honored and thankful to have these talented professionals work with our students.
The cost of these educational sessions would be out of reach for many of our students’ families. However, because these professionals are providing their contracted services at greatly reduced rates, YOL students are benefiting from the professional experiences of decades of higher education and performance.These professionals offer their services to YOL because they believe in giving back and support the musicians of tomorrow through our program. YOL strives to provide opportunities to all deserving students regardless of ability to pay.
MEET THE COACHES
- Dr Eric Fried – Texas Tech University Associate Professor of Music / Assistant to the Director of the School of Music, Previous YOL/LSO Conductor, Current Assistant Concertmaster of the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra & Professor of Music at the Texas Tech University Center in Seville (Summer Session)
- Timothy Angel – Texas Tech University Doctoral Student, Previous concertmaster in the (UT@A) Texas Symphony Orchestra, Current Las Colinas Symphony and LSO Member Musician, winner of Coeur d’Alene Symphony Orchestra National competition, additional violin studies with/certifications from: Brevard Music Center/Meadowmount School of Music/Bravo Strings institute/Symphony Orchestra Academy of the Pacific, Suzuki Teacher Development Training & STELR instructor
- Brian Fleming – TTU Graduate, Suzuki Certified Instructor, Stringed-Instrument Craftsman.
- Brittany Hoff – Texas Tech University String Project instructor, Grad Student Music Education, TTU Symphony Musician
- Alicia Keener – Suzuki certified teacher, Lubbock Symphony Orchestra member musician
- Jordan Kirksey – (TTU)
- Madeline Garcia – TTU Graduate Student & Lubbock Symphony Orchestra Musician. Middle School Clinical Teacher.
- Christine Kralik (LSO)
- Hannah MacGillvary—TTU String Project, TTU Grad Student – Double Bass
- Kenneth Walker – Head Band Director at Ralls ISD. Sax and Double Bass. WBU graduate. Texas State Graduate student.
- Blake Joseph Geisting (TTU)
- Kimberly Hudson – Lubbock Symphony Orchestra Flautist
- Hilary Webking – TTU Graduate Music Education Student, Under the tutelage of Dr. Amy Anderson.
- Sandra Mosteller – WBU Professor of Music, soloist performer in various ensembles in the US, and internationally in Belgium, Spain, and Russia.
- Jonathan Trevino – Wayland Baptist University currently teaching at Lubbock Cooper as a clinical teacher/TA Bass Clarinet
- Dr Ryan Smith—LCU Director of Bands and an Assistant Professor of Music, Director the Big Blue Pep Band. He also holds a Master of Music with emphasis in Wind Conducting and a Bachelor of Music Education from Stephen F. Austin State University. He has many years of experience in teaching music in Texas schools.
- Issaic Swanson
- Andrew Pacheco (TTU)
- Joni Trevino (WBU)
- Jaidon Pena (WBU)
- (Tentatively) Dr. Richard Meek, (TTU) or Jaidon Pena (WBU)
- Daniel Barber – Current Band Director at Muleshoe ISD, Barber has more than 20 years of experience in professional music and education. He earned his degree from Louisiana State University where he was principal trumpet in the LSU Orchestra for all 4 years. He went on to perform with the Dallas Metropolitan Winds for 15 years, (2 as principal trumpet).
- Ian Hewetson – Magna cum laude graduate in Music Performance from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio; Past performances with the Capital University Symphonic Wind Ensemble (OH), the University of Illinois Symphony Orchestra, the New Albany Symphony Orchestra (OH), the Central Ohio Symphony Orchestra, the Westerville Symphony Orchestra (OH), the Sinfonia da Camera (IL), and the Danville Symphony Orchestra (IL), ; Current TTU DMA Student & Teaching Assistant to Christopher Smith in the prestigious TTU Horn Studio
- Sally Podrecbarac (TTU)