YOL Concerto Competition 2018-19 Application Released!
Fill out this form to participate in the competition. You must be in the Symphony group to enter this competition.
YOL Concerto Competition Rules & Guidelines 2018-19(2)
Concerto Application 2018-19
Applications are due by January 26, 2018 with the first round taking place February 24 and the second round on March 24.
Boyer College of Music and Dance Temple University
Presser Hall, Room 129 2001 N. 13th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Members of The Philadelphia Orchestra teach our students
- There are about 550 undergraduate Music majors at Temple, studying Performance, Music Education, Music Therapy, Composition, Theory, and Music History
- We perform over 500 annual events and recently opened up our third orchestra
- We recently appointed Andreas Delfs (former Milwaukee Symphony Music Director) as our Director for the Temple University Symphony Orchestra
- Many of our concerts are livestreamed at https://livestream.com/accounts/1927261
We also offer a Shadow Day opportunity for any high school student who is interested in being on campus to see what it is like to be a college student for a day. More info at http://www.temple.edu/boyer/admissions/music/ShadowingReq.asp.
Music Student Scholarship
Sponsored by: School Band & Orchestra Magazine
Applicant must be a student in a school music program. A 250-word essay responding to the following prompt is required: ‘Now more than ever, music education is important because….”
|Application Deadline||December 31|
|Scholarship, Grant, Fellowship or Contest||Scholarship|
|Awarded every year?||yes|
|Must be repaid?||no|
|Required to attend a specific school?|
School Band & Orchestra Magazine
Timeless Communications Corporation
6000 South Eastern Avenue, Suite J-14
Las Vegas, NV 89119 United States
Phone: (702) 479-1879
Fax: (702) 554-5340
TCA TEXAS Young Masters
The Texas Commission on the Arts is offering $10,000 awards ($5,000 per year for two years) to the state’s most talented 8-11 grade artists and performers. Applications are being accepted in areas of visual arts, literary arts, music, theater, dance, musical theater, folk and traditional arts, and media.
- Applications and required supporting materials must be postmarked by November 15, 2017.
- Applications, information and guidelines are available online at http://tinyurl.com/youngmaster.
In order to be considered for the grant, students must be legal U.S. residents living in Texas and participating in a school-based program, a summer institute, or a specialized course of study or receiving private lessons from a qualified professional instructor. They must also maintain passing grades in all academic areas. The Young Masters will be selected by a citizen panel of experts from across the state based on artistic excellence, level of commitment and quality of their proposed plan of study. Disbursement for this class of Young Masters will begin in the spring of 2018. The 2018 Young Masters recipients will be honored at a star-studded event in Austin, Texas in April 2018.
2018 National Festival March 14-17, Indianapolis, IN
Audition to Be Part of the Honor Ensembles at National Festival, presented by Yamaha
This opportunity offers students the chance to be named as one of the nation’s outstanding high school musicians. As part of this National Festival, students perform on a national stage and gain world-class learning and performance opportunities with distinguished conductors, artists and master teachers.
Audition Guidelines: (As of Aug 31, 2017)
- Since this is the only chance for the student to be heard, the quality of the recording should be of utmost consideration. The quality of your recording will affect the evaluators’ ability to review and comment. A high quality audio and video recording is expected.
- Review your recording(s) before you submit to check the sound level and ensure the best audio quality.
- Be aware of the acoustic environment in which you record. Background noise and poor sound quality make your recording difficult to evaluate.
- Only unedited recordings can be accepted, and should be in high fidelity stereo.
- Dress for a performance. This is a professional audition.
- State your name, age and high school at the beginning of your audition recording.
String Audition Requirements:
- Two contrasting (in style and tempo) excerpts of your own choosing, each approximately two minutes in length.
- Students are encouraged to perform an excerpt that showcases technique and range, as well as an excerpt that showcases expressive and lyrical qualities.
• To apply, the student must be a member of his/her school band or orchestra program if the school has a band or orchestra program. Homeschooled students are welcome to apply.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in high school (American or international equivalent) or a certified program of home study and 19 years of age or younger as of March 11, 2017.
If you have trouble applying and submitting your audition recording online, please call 800.848.2263 for assistance.
Wind and Percussion Players: